An exclusive feature for our Tier 3 WILempower members is the ability to participate in the monthly Mastermind program. It is a wonderful and constructive opportunity to invest in yourself both personally and professionally through a cohesive and unified pursuit of achievement and success.
Introduction to a Mastermind
This forum enables us to further develop and share our professional lives on a regular basis with a small group of women of diverse expertise and experiences. The group will function as an “Advisory Board” for participants. The experience and learning is rich with opportunities and tends to broaden the horizons of the participants in ways you would have never expected. This can come from sharing of advice, pushing to take that next step, starting a new business, or learning about new things that will broaden your perspective on things, etc.
Mastermind groups are popping up around the world to connect with those of like minds and diverse backgrounds. The intent is to gather about 8 individuals together in a way that brings about enrichment, knowledge, support, encouragement, in a safe environment where you can express yourself completely and openly without judgment. Your peers are there to guide and assist when you need to bounce ideas, stretch your thinking, or provide a different way of seeing things. You will also explore and learn together about key topics of interest.
Reasons to participate in a Mastermind by Forbes
Mastermind groups are relatively new to most people but are popping up all over the world so that we may learn and grow from each other. Napoleon Hill created the concept about 75 years ago with his book, “Think and Grow Rich”. A Mastermind group is designed to assist you in navigating through challenges using the collective intelligence of others.
A Mastermind works by having a small group of diverse individuals that meet on a monthly basis to tackle challenges and problems together. It is designed so that you may lean on each other, provide advice, share connections, and even do business with each other when appropriate. It is very much a peer to peer mentoring relationship, and you will most likely experience marked changes in yourself and your career. There will be a facilitator to ensure that all participants have floor time and the opportunity to maximize the time together.
Here are 7 reasons why it might be right for you:
- You’ll be part of an exclusive community. The other members need you as much as you need them, so quality of experience and knowledge is crucial to all involved.
- Once you are involved in a Mastermind group, that feeling of being all alone in your business is gone. You will use the members as your Advisory Board.
- Collaboration is key. You may find certain members of the group would be perfect to partner with on some key projects, or you may be the perfect member for someone else. The idea is to maximize the knowledge around you.
- Extend your network. By joining a group, of ambitious and like-minded women.
- New learning. Each of us are unique and therefore bring a variety of skills, gifts, experience, and connections. By sharing your challenges, it’s almost certain that someone in the group will have a solution for you or you may be the one to assist with a solution, connection, or tactic for another member.
- Confidentiality. Knowing that all sessions are strictly confidential enables you to show up as who you really are and not have to worry about judgment, criticism, or anything else that doesn’t support you being the absolute best you can be.
- Think bigger. Being in a Mastermind will truly support you having a Master Mind!! You can not help but think bigger and stretch beyond your boundaries when surrounded by amazing people doing amazing things.
Mastermind groups are incredible and provide an opportunity for you to grow in ways you never thought possible.
Joining a Mastermind group
To join a Mastermind group there is a set of criteria to complete. This is to ensure we have a diverse group of well-matched individuals so everyone can get the most from the sessions. It is important to have individuals with a range of professional backgrounds to create a non-competitive environment.
Criteria to complete:
- Once you have joined the WILempower Tier 3 membership, forward your resume to email@example.com
- Once the resume is received, we will send you a questionnaire to complete.
- All Tier 3 participants will be contacted for an interview to ensure a nice mix of individuals per group.
Guiding values & terms of participation
- Confidentiality of group discussions and shared information.
- Commitment to attend the meetings.
- Meetings to focus on agenda topics only.
- Participation agreement to be signed by all participants – minimum 10-month commitment.
- Participation in the Mastermind group requires that participants miss no more than 2 officially scheduled meetings during the 10-month period.
- Mastermind is reserved for Tier 3 participants only.
- All sessions will be conducted on a live Zoom
- To ensure the richness of the program all participants must be live as if we are in person.
- The Mastermind sessions begin in January and end in October.
- Sessions will last for two hours and take place the last Wednesday of every month at 1:30 pm EST.
- Each meeting starts with a check-in from all members. The rest of the agenda is set in advance by the group and focused on business interest, needs, and challenges of individual members or topics of interest to the entire group. All participants will have the opportunity to present to the group. Meaning each month there will be a check in from all members then one participant will present for that month, the next month a different participant will present, etc.
How to be a good member:
Mastermind groups succeed or fail based on everyone’s participation—that means both asking for help and offering your help. If there is no balance in those two areas, you will not be an asset to the group and therefore the entire group will suffer.
Here are some tips for being a good member:
- Ask for what you need from the group that day. For example: do you need to just be heard? Do you need help to brainstorm some solutions? Do you need to be held accountable to get things done or to succeed?
- Don’t hog the limelight. The objective is to ensure everyone has a chance to share and connect. Be sure to practice what your ask is of the group and get to the point quickly but please don’t leave out any important information.
- Preparation for the meeting. Please don’t wait until 10 minutes before the start of the meeting. Take the time to prepare in advance so that you get maximum value from the session. As well, make sure you take notes. This will keep you more present and focused on the discussion at hand. And if you have thoughts or ideas, write it down until its your turn. You don’t want to lose the thought.
- Ask questions. If something doesn’t make sense, it’s likely that someone else feels the same. If you feel there is more than what is being said, ask about it.
- Learn to give constructive feedback. Never attack a person – attack the idea. Don’t let other members walk away with flimsy or poorly thought out action plans. We want to challenge each other to fulfill our potential and create success both professionally and personally. This is a safe environment.
The key to success of a group depends on how willing you are to devote time to your own success and the success of others.
Congratulations on your new journey!